Border Valley Trading (BVT) has been aggressive to implement corporate responsibility initiatives that help reduce nitrogen dioxide (NOx) pollutants, greenhouse gas emissions and the overall carbon footprint.
- Brawley processing facility converted from diesel generation to electric power.
- Diesel powered fleet in Brawley replaced with 20-LNG powered units.
- Building CNG/LNG fueling station in the Coachella Valley to support fleet.
- Cooperative agreement with partner company Mesquite Cattle on solar application.
- Cooperative agreement with with partner company Greenfix America on resource recovery project.
- Transition to towards more environmentally friendly packaging materials.
- Efforts to increase container weights that reduce "food miles" and improve air quality.